rising 4th year
Position running for:
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE UNIVERSITY SALSA CLUB EXECUTIVE BOARD?
Salsa is the biggest part of my life at UVa. Through the Salsa Club, I’ve met so many amazing people and I’ve learned more than in any of my classes. I've learned how to handle failure, how to communicate and connect with others, how to dance, how to feel the rhythm (la clave), how to be a good friend, how to teach, how to learn, and how to get the results you want. It has been the pillar I’ve leaned on throughout my whole UVa experience—both the good times and the bad. I want to continue to make this club special and allow people to experience the joy I have felt being part of this community. I want to bring my work ethic and my enthusiasm to club members to make them feel welcome.
HOW DO YOUR TALENTS OR ABILITIES MAKE YOU WELL-EQUIPPED FOR YOUR DESIRED POSITION?
- I have 3 years of dance experience and I am always seeking to improve
- By the end of this year, I will have been in 6 showcase dances, 4 of which I will have choreographed. In each of these dances, I have learned new ways to relate to my peers
- I have instructed for the club for 1.5 years, taking an active role in teaching for each lesson
- I am an active member in all club events, and have organized multiple club events at my house over the past 2 years
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF TO SOMEONE WHO DID NOT KNOW YOU?
I care about two things in life:
1) the relationships I have with the people I love
2) the meaning I get from my work/hobbies